FIELD TECHNICIANS (ALL LEVELS)
All Wavelength AV Technicians report to the Field Project Manager and is responsible for delivery, installation, troubleshooting, instruction, and in-home up selling of products, services, and warranties.
- Deliver and set up product according to instuctions and explains products and services in a clear and compelling manner to the client.
- Maintains vehicle inventory for installation tools and supplies.
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Follow procedures to set up and breakdown installation sites
- Run and terminate all wire types without assistance
- Crimp Rg6 and RJ45 connections
- Perform flat & tilt TV installations
- Install projectors
- Install receivers and components
- Basic connection of smart home and media devices
- Basic wire management (power wires, HDMI, etc.)
- Basic programming of Control4 a plus
ALL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Can provide a high level of customer service
- Understand all Wavelength policies and procedures, including the Wavelength Way.
- Possesses leadership qualities to grow within the company.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a clean driving record.
- Can drive company vehicles to customers’ homes and follow company vehicle policies.
- Possess knowledge of business partners (dealers, contractors, etc).
- Must maintain the ability to focus in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Must maintain flexible schedule, particularly when client concerns arise.
- Saturday availability is a must.
- Must have the ability to work and excel in a team environment.
- Must maintain a well groomed appearance.
- Ability to answer client calls and emails in off hours.
LEAD LEVEL TECHNICIANS MUST:
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding on site project status, timeline, and overall expectations.
- Up sells additional products, services, and warranties to enhance the client’s in home experience.
- Ensures that the client relationship is held as priority.
- Ensures that all client questions and concern and answered to THEIR satisfaction.
- Follows up with the client post project to ensure satisfaction has been met.
- Completes a standard residential project from beginning to end.
- Trains assistant level technicians 1 and 2 and guides them in following company policies and delegates responsibilities appropriately.
Lead Technician Candidate can perform the following autonomously:
- Read and understand all home AV system design plans.
- Read and understand basic residential architectural drawings.
- All strategic wire installation and management.
- All home TV installations.
- All home audio installations.
- All proper audio tuning techniques.
- Complete understanding of HDMI switchers, splitters, and baluns.
- Complete network set up and programming skills.
- RF Remote installations and programming.
- Control4 AV, comfort, security, and lighting programming.
LEAD LEVEL MUST HAVE BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Commercial 70 volt system.
- Commercial plenum.
- Safety cables.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of ever changing integration market and consumer electronics industry.
- Maintains up to date problem solving skills and techniques.
- Ability to check egos at the door and listen to supervisor direction and guidance.
- 2+ years experience installing home audio video equipment (based on performance).
- Active Control4 certification and can maintain yearly.