SALES/ SYSTEM DESIGNER
This role is responsible for providing solutions, system design, and sales proposals to new and existing clients seeking Audio/Video and Automation systems. This individual is empowered to provide a premium level of service to our clients by performing advanced level consultations. This individual is required to build and manage relationships with builders, architects and interior designers located in the Tri-State Area.
As a Sales Associate/System Designer you will:
- Manage and maintain positive, trusting relationships with new and existing clients.
- Visit clients in their homes and businesses using a company vehicle.
- Inspire new and existing clients to trust technology as a positive solution to their current AV complaints.
- Perform Audio/Video product consultations to evaluate needs, prepare proposals (using D-Tools) and present bids, warranty contracts, and service agreements.
- Create working relationships with Designers, Builders and Architects in the Tri-State Area.
- Generate leads based on organic networking strategies and tactics.
- Utilize SalesForce to track all client relations, proposals, leads, etc. and communicate effectively with the Wavelength AV Team.
- Maintain self-development to accumulate the appropriate knowledge and techniques to provide an excellent client experience.
- Build D-Tools basic database with skews, etc. for current products.
- Build advanced sales and/or training techniques to help the sales department to stay up to date and confident driving profitable growth.
- Help to build a team of experts in the sales department by training of new technology and products.
- Utilize tools and services provided to you by Wavelength AV and encourage suggestions of new tools that will assist in efficient process and output.
- Build a solid service and preventative maintenance contract to aid in supporting clients post-project completion.
- Back up the store sales team, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned within your scope of knowledge and experience.
- Follow all company policies and applicable procedures.
- 2+ years experience in the Audio Video field, either as a technician or in sales management. Programming skills not required.
- Must be organized and value cleanliness.
- Highly proficient in word processing, with a mastery of the English language both written and spoken.
- Must have a general understanding of Mac and PC platforms and be able to learn a new program quickly.
- Details are key. Must be detail oriented.
- Must work well in a team environment but also have the ability to work efficiently alone.